Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Furniture for September 8th Flea Market

 I found this great dresser on my travels. I didn't find out until I got home that the two bottoms drawers are lined in cedar! Nice surprise! I always clean my furniture before sanding or painting. After cleaning this dresser, I sanded the entire exterior and then removed the hardware. I decided to make my own chalk paint following Elizabeth & Co. recipe. I used one of Behr's Aqua paints.
I applied three coats of the Aqua Chalk Paint.
I replaced the original knobs with glass knobs. I used a decoupage technique on the Chippendale handles that I found from Diane at InMyOwnStyle.With a medium grade sandpaper, I sanded the edges all over the dresser to give it a distressed look.
The end result is a very beachy chic dresser for sale! Price upon request-SOLD

Happy Creating!
~Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment